You will be assured of a warm welcome at Mackenzie's Bed and Breakfast in Plockton. We are open from Easter to October but may have availability out with this period. We are closed for Christmas and New Year. The house is located at 32 Harbour Street, right on the waterfront overlooking the loch and Plockton crags. We are at the heart of this wonderful Highland village, made famous by the TV series 'Hamish Macbeth', with so much to see and do close by. A home from home, and anything that we can do to make your stay a more memorable one you just have to ask, we'll do our best. All rooms have a hospitality tray, TV and free wifi. Click on a photograph to see a larger image and below the pictures we have shown some facilities of the house and those nearby We look forward to welcoming you.
Our accommodation comprises:
- One double-bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- One twin-bedded bedroom with private bathroom *
- One single with private bathroom *
- All rooms have sea views
- Colour TV in all bedrooms
- Hair Dryer in all bedrooms
- Tea/Coffee in all bedrooms
- Ironing and drying facilities with prior arrangement
- Baby listening service for our younger visitors
- Complimentary broadband for wireless enabled laptops
- Mackenzie's is a no-smoking house
- Our very own Plockton Webcam to enjoy wonderful views of the village, loch and mountains beyond
- and if you want to stay a little longer and rent a unique cottage we run 'Off the Rail's' at Plockton Station, first class self-catering accommodation
- *please note the twin and single bedrooms share the same private bathroom
- Parking is available outside the house, or at the main car park just along Harbour Street
- Just a short walk to the Plockton Hotel, Plockton Inn and Plockton Shores, fine places for food and drink
- Have a take-away at the Harbour Fish Bar, Plockton's traditional' fish and chippie'
- Plockton Station is just a 10 minute walk with services to Inverness and the Kyle of Lochalsh
- We run Calums Seal Trips, daily cruises from the village, and free if we see no seals
- 'Hidden Treasures' our gift shop is right next door
- Rent a kayak, rowing boat or sailing dinghy from Plockton Boat Hire
- RYA sailing school at Plockton boat hire contact us for discounts on accommodation when booking lessons.
- The Studio', a fine gallery and gift shop.
- Get around by bike, Broadford Bike Hire and Repair rent cycles and will deliver to Plockton