You will be assured of a warm welcome at Mackenzie's Bed and Breakfast in Plockton. The house is located at Harbour Street, right on the waterfront overlooking the loch and Plockton crags. We are at the heart of this wonderful Highland village, made famous by the TV series 'Hamish Macbeth', with so much to see and do close by. A home from home, and anything that we can do to make your stay a more memorable one you just have to ask, we'll do our best.
All rooms have a hospitality tray, TV and free wifi. We are open from Easter to October but may have availability out with this period. We are closed for Christmas and New Year.
We look forward to welcoming you.
More facilities below this gallery.
Click on a photograph to see a larger image and below the pictures we have shown some facilities of the house and those nearby:
Our accommodation comprises:
- One double-bedroom with en-suite bathroom.
- One twin-bedded bedroom with private bathroom. *
- One single with private bathroom. *
- All rooms have sea views.
- Colour TV, hair dryer, tea/coffee in all bedrooms.
- Ironing and drying facilities with prior arrangement.
- Baby listening service for our younger visitors
- Complimentary broadband for wireless enabled laptops
- Our very own Plockton Webcam to enjoy wonderful views of the village, loch and mountains beyond.
- Mackenzie's is a no-smoking house
- If you want to stay a little longer and rent a unique cottage we run 'Off the Rail's' at Plockton Station, first class self-catering accommodation
- *please note the twin and single bedrooms share the same private bathroom
- We run Calums Seal Trips, daily cruises from the village, and free if we see no seals
- 'Hidden Treasures' our gift shop is right next door
- Parking is available outside the house, or at the main car park just along Harbour Street
- Just a short walk to the Plockton Hotel, Plockton Inn and Plockton Shores, fine places for food and drink.
- Have a take-away at the Harbour Fish Bar, Plockton's traditional' fish and chippie'
- Plockton Station is just a 10 minute walk with services to Inverness and the Kyle of Lochalsh
- .Get around by bike, Broadford Bike Hire and Repair rent cycles and will deliver to Plockton